Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Setting the Stage

Wow, incredible thought. "Some of you will surpass me." Do I have what it takes to surpass freakin' Darren LaCroix? He's setting me up to be successful, so why not?

When I look at the journey he took, it's not dissimilar from mine, except that I've focused on technical, where he's focused on comedy. It's true, you can surpass your mentor, I've done it, and it's certainly an odd feeling... the day my trombone instructor looked at me and said, "I have nothing more to teach you. You're better than me, you need another instructor."

$5000 for half a speech. Whoa. I thought I was doing _awesome_ when I finally hit $11,000 for full-day seminar, but to make that for an hour. Again, I repeat, "Whoa."

To be successful, I will need to be willing to stretch and get uncomfortable, and try something different, and of course, "Stage time, stage time, stage time."

Other thoughts:
Avoid costly mistakes
I need to have an open mind about this
I need to determine how I can take each tip to Super-Size the program - malleable learning
Keep is simple, and focus on the goal.
Take this and make it my own to maximize customer value
Think like a champion

Other funny thought - The audience isn't there to see the tie you're wearing... they don't care about the tie.

No comments: